Monday, May 9, 2011

Settling in!

If any of you are still reading this I thought it would be a good time to update people on how Utah is going. My wife and I are finally settled in and getting used to the newness of the whole situation. It's still only been a little over a month now, but Utah has become far less of a beast then it was when we started. Having a conversation with people about where cities are in relation to one another and actually being able to follow directions given to me by the guy at Home Depot is a small but welcomed victory. The weather right now is beautiful and it's quite a change living somewhere where there is actually weather. In my opinion Vegas had only 2 seasons Hot and Cold. Sure it snowed 1 day a year and rained for a week but out here there is so much more to the skies. I may be singing a different tune come December but for now all the various kinds of weather is welcome.

We are making a few new friends, which has been a little difficult because there are so many big families out here. However, we are fortunate enough to have a little bit of family out here as well to make things feel a little less foreign. Making friends in Vegas was easy because everyone is looking for a good time or a place to hang. But out here people have so much family they don't even need friends. It's funny to me because in Vegas my wife and I got married and we had about a handful of friends who were married as well. We come out here and everyone is married and everyone has kids. Saying that Utah is family centered, or family oriented is probably an understatement, it's more like family-abundant!

The new job has been going great, I am really enjoying the projects I have been working on and I look forward to all the cool stuff lined up. I can't say who we are working with specifically and can't announce what I have been working on quite yet but once it is all public I will gladly post it up on here for all to see. I am really fortunate to be working with a very talented group of individuals and look forward to making more cool stuff with these guys! I was having a conversation with a co-worker at the gym about how respectful, intelligent and humble our employers were and how we were lucky to have such an incredible management team at the helm of this studio. I have had the joyous experience (please note sarcasm) of working for some pretty hot-headed and arrogant management in the past so coming to work for Wahoo Studios is a refreshing change.

All in all things are going good out here and I can see us making Utah work for a long time. I look forward to what this experience has to offer and the new life ahead.

-Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment