Monday, January 9, 2012

Resolutions...

2011 was an exciting year for me, I moved to Utah for a new job, bought my first place, bought a new car, my wife and I have another baby on the way and I shipped my first console game: Family Game Night 4: The Gameshow Edition

My New Year's resolution last year was to be the best me I could be, in all things, and even though that's a pretty vague resolution the underlying goal is to just try to always do my best. Sure I could set a goal to try and lose some weight or learn how to play an instrument or something but why focus on just one thing or focus on something small or something that would be hard to maintain because of all of life's complications and interruptions. Last year I set out to do the best I could in all things and I can honestly say that I tried and I feel good about last year's resolution.

This year's resolution is going to be a little different but along the same lines, this year my New Year's resolution is to 'better market myself as an artist'. I am going to update my Blogs visuals and try to post more art and participate in more competitions workshops and classes throughout the year. I want more people to see my art, I want more feedback and I want to grow more as an artist by pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I want to try new things, learn new things and really try to get my name out there (wherever there might be). I have always considered myself to be a good artist but I want to be more than that, I want to be a "Great" artist and I am going to dedicate this year to improving my craft and really finding my creative niche in life.

Cheers to 2012!!!

1 comment: