Thursday, May 10, 2012

She went Hathaway!!!


Get it?? Hathaway like Thataway??? Right? Meh, whatever! Here's my study for the month. I have been super inspired lately to do more art thanks to a cool video I watched by Bobby Chiu on his Youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKy8wNYGo6E I'll admit he lays it on a little thick sometimes but he's really good about peaking interest and conveying ideas in his videos.

If you come across this and have some feedback or suggestions or even wise words to help me get better at this process please, by all means, comment down below. I would love to get better at capturing likeness, but I don't even know where I should start. Your feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. That's really amazing, Bro. You are improving. :D

    Here's what I noticed: Hair looks perfect. The mouth curves up a little too much at the edges. Ear is a little too rounded up top. It's the little details that draw your eye in. Like the nose looks a little too skinny. Maybe shoot more for the impression than the true shape? I have no idea. I need to learn this crap myself, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What up! There are minor details here and there with the form that needs fixing, but my first impression was that some of the shadows are a little too saturated and some aren't enough. You should really safe some of the redness for the cheeks. but at the same time the cast shadow under her chin needs more red in it. But dude... I truly recommend you study a good photo with professional lighting. Not a blown out flash red carpet one (unless that type of lighting is exactly what you want to study :). Maybe find some magazine editorials with her and use that. Just my humble opinion and I hope you continue to do more studies! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Funny, I saw Hathaway and turned it into Half-Way...

    ReplyDelete